- CoBIUS: We are a Computational Biology Team at the Computer Science (Informatique) Department of Université de Sherbrooke with team members from diverse origins bringing various expertise. The lab is headed by Professor Aïda Ouangraoua, Ph.D., MSc Eng, and we work in close collaboration with life scientists to validate our tools by solving biological questions on real data.
- Research: Our research projects proceed from computational biology questions related to the comparison of genomic and transcriptomic data. We develop innovative mathematical models and computational tools to study and solve biologically motivated questions aimed at understanding the evolution of genomes and their components. We focus on questions related to the evolution of genome structures, gene architectures, and RNA structures.
– September 2019. Welcome to Yoann and Ibrahim as new postdoc interns in the team.
– August 2019. Welcome to Abigail, Ahlem and Davy as new master students in the team.
– July 26th, 2019. Congratulations to Esaie, Safa and Aïda for a paper accepted at RECOMB-CG2019 on SimSpliceEvol: Alternative splicing-aware simulation of biological sequence evolution.
– July 22th, 2019. Congratulations to Safa. She is awarded the travel fellowship to attend ISMB2019.
– July 21th, 2019. Safa attends ISMB2019 to present 1) an oral presentation (see this link) and 2) a poster on Spliced alignment for the reconstruction of gene and transcript evolution.
– July 21th, 2019. Anaïs attends ISMB2019 to present a poster on G-quadruplexes evolution in transcriptomes.
– July 21th, 2019. Esaie attends ISMB2019 to present a poster on Gene tree and transcript tree construction using splicing orthology groups.
– July 2019. Welcome back to Yanchun as an intern in the team.
– July 2019. Congratulations to Sarah ! She has successfully completed her Master thesis on the identification and the characterization of G-quadruplexes in the Human transcriptome..
– January 16th, 2019. Congratulations to Safa ! She is awarded the first-tier travel fellowship of 1500CNY for attending Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Conference (APBC2019).
– January 14th to 16th 2019. Safa attends APBC2019 to present 1) the accepted paper on SplicedFamAlign: CDS-to-gene spliced alignment and identification of transcript orthology groups and 2) the poster on Multiple spliced alignment and visualization of gene structure alignment.
– January 2019. Welcome to Marc as a master student in the team.
– October 22nd, 2018. Welcome back to Anaïs as a Ph.D student in the team.
– October 9-12 2018. The team co-organizes the international conference RECOMB-CG2018 in Orford, QC, Canada.
– September 17th, 2018. Congratulations to Safa, Jean-David, Esaie, and Aïda for a paper accepted at APBC2019 on SplicedFamAlign: CDS-to-gene spliced alignment and identification of transcript orthology groups.
– August 23rd, 2018. Congratulations to the CoBIUS lab and Plotly for a Mitacs Accelerate funding obtained to work on the Visualization of gene structures, phylogenetic trees, and RNA structures: see press release.
– Programmes d’études au Département d’informatique à USherbrooke (in French)
– Information pour admission au Département d’informatique au 1er cycle (in French)
– Information pour admission au Département d’informatique aux 2e et 3e cycles (in French)
– Information for International students at USherbrooke (in French and English)
– PhD Comics