- CoBIUS: We are a Computational Biology Team at the Computer Science (Informatique) Department of Université de Sherbrooke with team members from diverse backgrounds and origins bringing various expertises. The lab is headed by Professor Aïda Ouangraoua, Ph.D., MSc Eng, and we work in close collaboration with life scientists to validate our tools by solving biological questions on real data.
- Research: Our research projects proceed from computational biology questions related to the comparison of genomic and transcriptomic data. We develop innovative mathematical models and computational tools to study and solve biologically motivated questions aimed at understanding the evolution of genomes and their components. We focus on questions related to the evolution of genome structures, gene architectures, and RNA structures.
– October 2021. Abi, Anaïs, Davy, Yoann and Aïda attend RECOMB-CG 2021 virtual conference.
– July 2021. Yoann and Aïda attend ISMB/ECCB 2021 virtual conference.
– July 2021. Congratulations to Yoann, Aïda and collaborators for a paper published in Bioinformatics on Gene tree and species tree reconciliation with endosymbiotic gene transfer.
– July 2021. The Canada Research Chair in Computational and Biological Complexity holded by Aïda is renewed for 5 years. I am thankful for the support from my amazing students, my great colleagues and collaborators, and my wonderful referees and mentors.
– July 2021. Congratulations to Abi and Davy who successfully passed their predoctoral examinations. They are now PhD Candidates.
– June 2021. Welcome to Lauriane for a summer internship in the team.
– May 2021. Abi, Marc-André, Yoann and Aïda attend GLBIO2021 2021 virtual conference.
– January 2021. Congratulations to Marc-André who successfully defended his MSc.
– October 2020. Congratulations to Marc-André, Yoann, Valentin and Jean-Pierre and Aïda for a paper published in NAR Genomics and Bioinformatics on aliFreeFoldMulti: alignment-free method to predict secondary structures of multiple RNA homologs.
– October 2020. Congratulations to Esaie, Yanchun, Aïda and collaborators for a paper published in Bioinformatics on DoubleRecViz: a Web-Based tool for visualizing Transcript-Gene-Species tree reconciliation.
– September 2020. Congratulations to Abi and Davy for their fast-track to the PhD program.
– September 2020. Welcome back to Yanchun for his fourth internship in the team.
– July 2020. All members of the lab attend ISMB 2020 virtual conference.
– June 2020. Congratulations to Esaie who successfully defended his PhD.
– May 2020. Congratulations to Anaïs, Aïda and collaborators for a paper published in NAR Genomics and Bioinformatics on Where are G-quadruplexes located in the human transcriptome ?
– April 2020. Congratulations to Ali who successfully defended his MSc.
– April 2020. Congratulations to Nilson, Aïda and collaborators for a paper published in Genome Biology and Evolution on Reconstructing the Phylogeny of Corynebacteriales while Accounting for Horizontal Gene Transfer.
– February 2020. Welcome back to Yanchun for his third internship in the team.
– Programmes d’études au Département d’informatique à USherbrooke (in French)
– Information pour admission au Département d’informatique au 1er cycle (in French)
– Information pour admission au Département d’informatique aux 2e et 3e cycles (in French)
– Information for International students at USherbrooke (in French and English)
– PhD Comics