- CoBIUS: We are a Computational Biology Team at the Computer Science (Informatique) Department of Université de Sherbrooke with team members from diverse backgrounds and origins bringing various expertises. The lab is headed by Professor Aïda Ouangraoua, Ph.D., MSc Eng, and we work in close collaboration with life scientists to validate our tools by solving biological questions on real data.
- Research: Our research projects proceed from computational biology questions related to the comparison of genomic and transcriptomic data. We develop innovative mathematical models and computational tools to study and solve biologically motivated questions aimed at understanding the evolution of genomes and their components. We focus on questions related to the evolution of genome structures, gene architectures, and RNA structures.
– June 2020. Congratulations to Esaie who successfully defended his PhD.
– May 2020. Congratulations to Anaïs, Aïda and collaborators for a paper published in NAR Genomics and Bioinformatics on Where are G-quadruplexes located in the human transcriptome ?
– April 2020. Congratulations to Nilson, Aïda and collaborators for a paper published in Genome Biology and Evolution on Reconstructing the Phylogeny of Corynebacteriales while Accounting for Horizontal Gene Transfer.
– February 2020. Welcome back to Yanchun for his third internship in the team.
– December 2019. Congratulations to Esaie, Safa, and Aïda for a paper published in BMC Bioinformatics on SimSpliceEvol: Alternative Splicing-Aware Simulation of Biological Sequence Evolution.
– November 2019. Congratulations to Nilson who successfully defended his PhD.
– October 2019. Esaie and Aïda attend RECOMB-CG 2019.
– September 2019. Welcome to Yoann and Ibrahim as new postdoc in the team.
– August 2019. Welcome to Abigail and Davy as new master students in the team.
– July 26th, 2019. Congratulations to Esaie, Safa and Aïda for a paper accepted at RECOMB-CG2019 on SimSpliceEvol: Alternative splicing-aware simulation of biological sequence evolution.
– Programmes d’études au Département d’informatique à USherbrooke (in French)
– Information pour admission au Département d’informatique au 1er cycle (in French)
– Information pour admission au Département d’informatique aux 2e et 3e cycles (in French)
– Information for International students at USherbrooke (in French and English)
– PhD Comics