- CoBIUS: We are a Computational Biology Team at the Computer Science (Informatique) Department of Université de Sherbrooke with team members from diverse origins bringing various expertises. The lab is headed by Professor Aïda Ouangraoua, PhD, Msc Eng, and we work in close collaboration with life scientists to validate our tools by solving biological questions on real data.
- Research: Our research projects proceed from computational biology questions related to the comparison of genomic and transcriptomic data. We develop innovative mathematical models and computational tools to study and solve biologically motivated questions aimed at understanding the evolution of genomes and their components. We focus on questions related to the evolution of genome structures, gene architectures and RNA structures.
– October 22nd 2018. Welcome back to Anaïs as a Ph.D student in the team.
– October 9-12 2018. The team co-organizes the international conference RECOMB-CG2019 in Orford, QC, Canada.
– September 17th 2018. Congratulations to Safa, Jean-David, Esaie and Aïda for a paper accepted at APBC2019 on SplicedFamAlign: CDS-to-gene spliced alignment and identification of transcript orthology groups.
– June 27th 2018. Our paper aliFreeFold: an alignment-free approach to predict secondary structure from homologous RNA sequences has been published in Bioinformatics.
– June 18th 2018. Welcome to Valentin as a summer intern in the team.
– June 11th 2018. Welcome to Marie as a summer intern in the team.
– May 3rd 2018. A video of Aïda by Audrey Chagnon (Chaire pour les femmes en Sciences et en Génie au Québec): see video.
– May 1st 2018. Welcome to Yanchun as a summer intern in the team.
– April 30th 2018. Congratulations to Esaie who successfully passed his proposal thesis examination.
– March 22th 2018. Congratulations to Jean-Pierre and Aïda for a paper accepted at ISMB2018 on aliFreeFold: an alignment-free approach to predict secondary structure from homologous RNA sequences.
– January 2018. Welcome to Anaïs as a master intern and to Ali as a master student in the team.
– November 2017. An interview of Aïda by Sophie Payeur (Université de Sherbrooke) talking about the research on the reconstruction of gene evolutionary histories: see the article.
– Programmes d’études au Département d’informatique à USherbrooke (in French)
– Information pour admission au Département d’informatique au 1er cycle (in French)
– Information pour admission au Département d’informatique aux 2e et 3e cycles (in French)
– Information for International students at USherbrooke (in French and English)
– PhD Comics